Exploring Gothenburg

When I noticed yesterday that my boots were falling apart, I got so worried that I wouldn't be able to find new ones and that I'd be without warm boots for the second part of our trip! Why did I not reassure myself that - hello! - we are in a major Swedish city in the middle of winter. Of course I will be able to find boots! The problem was that there were too many places to go to and so of course I had to do some comparison shopping to find the best deal. I ended up getting a cute new pair that definitely are not as nice as The North Face boots I had, but would serve the purpose of keeping my feet warm while doing city walking. I'm not going to be doing any mountaineering so no need for anything too fancy. Feeling relieved after getting some new boots, we continued walking around Gothenburg while Adeline napped in the stroller. (Thanks to Will for keeping her moving in the stroller while I shopped for shoes!).

We wanted to stop in at a little beer hall but it was decidedly not baby friendly so we moved on. We stopped by Saluhall, the indoor food market, but it was more of a farmer's market than lunch vendors so we quick changed Adeline in the bathroom and moved on yet again. We finally came across the Irish Embassy - an Irish Pub! We had a veggie burger and salad and it was delish.

After lunch Adeline napped again so we walked, and walked, and walked. Gosh I was tired! We made our way to the park and garden area around Palmhuset.




Adeline was still sleeping so we walked further into the city away from the hotel, and of course then she decided to wake up and started howling (we were even more tired than her at this point though!). So we scurried home as fast as we could. We fed Adeline, wiggled a bit, and then it was bedtime for her. 

After we got her to sleep we went down to Norda, the fancy hotel restaurant, for our dinner provided by Volvo! It was fancy! I had artic char and Will had steak. The appetizer was "cheesecake" and for dessert we had vanilla custard with lots of different toppings and cookies along side.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Will Pitches Hawaii

A Day in Napa Valley