Hawai'i Life

Today was the first day Mom was here when we had somewhat normal schedules going on. I went to work, Will went to work, and Mom explored around the area.

I can't explain how much I love working at a Hawaiian school. I feel so blessed to be immersed in this unique, strong, loving culture. Today was an inservice day and we each got to choose the activity in which we wanted to participate. There were some field trip type activities around the island and others that took place on campus. The activities involved the staff from all three of our schools, elementary, middle, and high school, and were meant to give us the opportunity to deepen our understanding of and appreciation for the Hawaiian culture. I chose an activity on campus: lei making! I can now make you a lei with any flowers, so long as I have some raffia. I need to work on getting my wrapping a little tighter so the lei doesn't turn out so big, but that will come with practice. Here I am wearing the lei I made!


After work we all went down to the night market at Kapiolani Community College. There we got a few items from the farm stand, pad thai, and ice cream!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Will Pitches Hawaii

A Day in Napa Valley