Happy New Year!

We woke up late on Sunday, go figure. Thanks to Will's preferred status with Holiday Inn they afforded us a late check out of 1pm which was a miracle. We slept in late since we didn't get to bed until after 3am (though at that time there was still plenty of bumper to bumper traffic in the streets around our hotel). We cleaned ourselves up and headed back to Bloody Mary's for brunch. Apparently everyone else wanted brunch there too! We had to wait for almost 45 minutes to get a table, and the food took a while to come out, but we were happy sipping our cappuccinos and we even got to talk to our families from the future! For them it was barely the night of New Years Eve, but for us we were almost halfway through our New Year's Day. The food was worth the wait and we were happy for the rest of the day.


Today I finally got a picture of one of these cars:


They are all over. They have a snorkel tube on the front along the windshield. Will says this is so that the cars can drive through swamps/rivers in the outback. I wonder how many people actually make use of such a feature?

After brunch we went back to the hotel to grab our bags and check out of our room. Fortunately we were able to leave our bags behind the front desk because our flights weren't until later that night. By this time the day had turned gloomy, which likely matched almost every person's mood in Sydney that day. We knew we wouldn't be up for much, so we had planned to visit the Museum of Sydney. I loved seeing the pictures and hearing the stories of the transformation that has taken place in Sydney over so many years.

We finished at the museum around 4pm, but didn't need to be back to get our bags until about 6pm, so we cozied up at The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room. There weren't many places open near the museum, but this place was nice and cozy on the gloomy day. We finished off our Sydney vacation writing out some postcards, looking through pictures, munching popcorn prawns, and looking back at what I came to realize was hands down the trip of a lifetime. I don't think I can even try to choose a favorite part or most memorable moment because we did so many different amazing things in ten days.

We went back to the hotel to pick up our bags and got in the uber to go to the airport. It was here in the uber where we said our goodbyes. (How romantic, right?) Will was flying to Brisbane for work, and I was headed home. Sadly the domestic and international terminals are completely separate in Sydney, so we were on our own. I'm going to miss Will so, so much while he is gone, but I will have all of these memories to reflect on and enjoy while I wait for him to come home.

And when I got home, on the morning of Sunday, January 1st (I left Sydney at 9pm on Sunday, January 1st. More time travel!), this is what I got to come home to.


I love my girls so much! They have barely left my side ever since I got home. I don't know what I'd do without them! (Well, maybe travel more!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tough Day

Happy Halloween!