Alamere Falls Hike for Easter

We really love to get out in to nature as much as possible, but unfortunately we haven't been able to make time for it over the last few months. Life is moving along quickly and weekends have been mostly for getting ready for trips or recovering from trips rather than getting out and exploring. Luckily with the Easter holiday we had a good excuse to put life aside and enjoy the beautiful world we live in.

The Alamere Falls hike has been on our list for a while, as we've heard it's absolutely beautiful. It is about a four mile hike in and back (so eight miles round trip) and though the hike itself is very easy, once you get to the waterfall areas there are some challenging rock walls to climb. I have become pretty much terrified of heights as I get older, so I have to say that I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone during this adventure. At the end, I was feeling so accomplished and really proud of myself for overcoming my fears! What a great feeling! Here are some of the many pictures Will and Alex took during the hike.

Walking along the coast to get to the falls:





A little big of jungle:


The clearing to the falls area:


Climbing down the first rocky hill, with Alex's assistance!



I made it! Still a little steep behind me, though. On the right side and through to the middle, then left side of the picture you can see the creek that leads to the big waterfall!


Time for a picnic lunch!


You can see the first, small waterfall behind them here.

Beautiful views!


Walking down the next steep cliff to get to the beach:



Oh my gosh, did I really just climb down that hill?!

We made it all the way!! It is SO beautiful! Can't believe we saw a waterfall run into the ocean!




We enjoyed some time on the beach before we turned around to complete the four mile return hike. We stopped a few more times, though, to view the breathtaking surroundings!

Back up at the top of the falls.

Cute ladies!

So beautiful!

 Can't wait for another hiking adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tough Day

Happy Halloween!