A Hui Hou, Hawai`i

While the better part of me was so sad to be leaving Hawai`i, I desperately wanted to get back home. I can't lie, this was a hard trip. It was more work than vacation. BUT, it was so wonderful to see our friends, meet new babies, and revisit a couple of our favorite places. It was also a good reminder of just how special of a place Hawai`i is, and I still have to pinch myself to realize that we actually got to live there for four years. How lucky are we?! I tell this little wahine almost every day about how she was born in Hawai`i. It feels like a home away from home for me and I hope it will for her, too. Unfortunately it probably won't be very soon, but I can't wait to go back and visit again . . . and again . . . and again.

Luckily our flight wasn't terribly early so we had a "leisurely" morning around the hotel, which was actually just us trying to wrangle Adeline while we got things packed up and ready to go. Here you can see me trying my best to keep Adeline still so she can eat breakfast. Please take note of all the crumbs on the floor.



We got to the airport with extra time for some lunch!


At this point I'm just so thankful Adeline is actually sitting in a highchair and eating something!

Ugh. That little face. That's why I can put up with all the kranskies I guess!
It was another hard flight home. At least this time we had economy plus seats, but Adeline only napped for 45 minutes and woke up screaming every 10-15. The plane was smaller so there was no room to roam around. Thank goodness we made it and Will was there to tag team it with me. I love you Hawai`i but I don't think we'll see you for a while!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Will Pitches Hawaii

A Day in Napa Valley