Thanksgiving in Wisconsin, and the holiday season begins!

We were very fortunate to be able to fly back to Madison to spend the week of Thanksgiving with our families. We traveled back to Madison via trains, planes, and automobiles! During the week we saw a few friends, lots of family, and I got my fill of Wisconsin beer and cheese curds! On Thanksgiving we stuffed ourselves silly with two Thanksgiving meals, one with my family, and one with Will's. Friday morning came all to quickly and we woke to the sight of snowflakes! Now my winter is complete because I got to have some snow, and no, I contrary to many people's beliefs, I will not miss the snow!

Now that we are all settled back home and back into our routine and work week, we are gearing up for our first Christmas together in California! Over the weekend I put up a lot of my decorations, and last night Will and I went to pick out our Christmas tree. There is a Christmas tree lot just about three blocks away from us, so we walked over, picked one out, and Will carried it back. What a guy!

Looking for just the right one, smells good!

The guy offered to pull out a brand new one from his pile and open it for us. Will this be the one?

Pretty Christmas trees.

So tall!

We have a winner! Look how strong Will is!

Ready to take it home.

Walking down the street with our tree.
And here it is, waiting for the decorations!


This morning I completed my first shift as a feline kennel assistant at the East Bay SPCA. (aka I feed and take care of the kitties!) Last night as I was getting my things ready for the morning, I modeled my apron.


I really enjoyed taking care of the animals and it wasn't as heartbreaking as I thought it would be. Though don't be surprised if someday I bring home 30 cats! ha! Just kidding!

"Winter" has begun in the Bay Area. Beginning last night it is going to rain for the next five to six days! By the end of our storm we are supposed to receive somewhere from 6-12 inches of rain.  In the meantime we'll be cozied up in our apartment decorating the Christmas tree. More pictures to come when that's done.

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we wish we could have somehow made it to see every one of you. We miss you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tough Day

Happy Halloween!