Napa Style!

After two extremely gloomy, somewhat rainy days, the fog lifted and the sun came out, making for a beautiful day to go to Napa! This time we ventured off with our neighbors Katie and Alex. A month or so ago we bought coupons from livingsocial (a groupon like website) for a tour in Napa. We assumed it was for a group tour, and I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be, but apparently we were the only people who signed up for the day or something. When we got to our pick up location, a guy came over and asked if we were Erin party of four, we said yes, and he guided us over to our own personal Lincoln Navigator! So we got a private driver for the day to Napa! whoop whoop!


We stopped at the lookout for the Golden Gate Bridge before we headed out of town.



I don't remember the name of our first stop. I'll fill in that detail later when Will gets home. He'll remember I hope!


On our way to the next winery we popped the bottle of champagne that was included with our trip!


Our next destination was Chandon, a 100% bubbly winery! The grounds were gorgeous and the inside was very modern and had a poshy kind of atmosphere. The champagne was delicious; they even make a red wine bubbly! It was interesting to compare champagnes with larger and smaller bubbles. I definitely like the smaller bubbles the best.

The walkway leading up to the winery - gorgeous!

Alex was really happy about this winery.

Beautiful views from the tasting bar.

aww

After Chandon we had a delicious picnic lunch just off the main strip of Napa. It was so yummy we forgot to take a picture!

It was off to our next stop. This was a place called Napa Style. It was okay, but all it consisted of was a tasting bar for wines from around the Napa area, not actually from a winery on location. I tasted a really great wine that I liked, but it was $70 for a bottle; um, no thanks!

Here we are doing it "Napa Style."


It had been such a fun day and though we would have liked to go to so many more wineries, it was time for one last stop. I also can't remember the name of this place, but again I'll check with Will and hopefully he'll know! This winery had spectacular views no matter where you stood.

Look at that humongous bottle of champagne that table ordered!



Ever wonder what the recycling bins must look like at a winery in Napa? Now you know!

Reflecting on our day in Napa.


Sadly, it was time to go back to the city. I was hungry for Thai food so we asked our driver for a recommendation. He suggested that we go to Osha Thai Restaurant, so off we went. Much to my surprise when we sat down at our table and I looked at the little signs on our table, I realized it was the same restaurant, just a different location, Will and I went to where I had the best white sangria EVER! Turns out they have several locations throughout San Francisco. Yeah! Now I know where to go for the best sangria in the world.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tough Day

Happy Halloween!