Happy Birthday to Me!

As I turn 28 I am again one year closer to 30, but if I'm correct, after next year I'll always be 29, right?! haha.  And if today wasn't a record breaking day for Oakland, it certainly was for my birthday, the hottest on record - 95 degrees!

I had a very lovely day which started off by giving Will a ride to work, followed by a free Starbucks coffee drink of my choice - awesome! (For those of you who care, I got a pumpkin spice late with soy milk)  When I got home I dug out the Halloween decorations and now our apartment is all decked out in ghosts, pumpkins, and black cats. One of them is even alive! : )

I spent the afternoon at a nail spa getting my nails done, and the coolest part I learned while I was there is that Charles Woodson of the Green Bay Packers used to go to this spa when he played for the Raiders! So cool!

Later in the evening I picked Will up from work so that we could go out for dinner. Knowing that I was decorating for Halloween today, he got this for me. It is THE coolest bottle of wine I have EVER gotten!


We went to a restaurant on the other side of the harbor from Jack London Square in Oakland, located on Alameda Island. Pasta Pelican was a great place to dine. The restaurant is built right over the water! Like anywhere along the waterfront in the Bay Area we had some great views. It was fun to be on this side of the harbor and look into Oakland.



A little blurry, but you get the idea of where we were!

And so my 29th year on Earth begins! Thanks to everyone for all the nice birthday wishes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Will Pitches Hawaii

A Day in Napa Valley