A Very Cali Christmas

Christmas Eve
 
This was our first year ever doing Christmas on our own at our home (with the exception of the year we went to Mexico for our honeymoon and spent Christmas there). Though we missed our family terribly, we made the most of it and hopefully started some new traditions!

On Christmas Eve I baked a cherry pie that we would enjoy with our Christmas dinner the next evening. Later that night we had some pizza for dinner and watched The Polar Express. It was a very relaxing day and evening; just what we needed!

Christmas Day


We slept in nice and late and had a very relaxed morning. We started with some coffee, mimosas, and presents!

What could it be?
Thanks for the boxes and tissue paper!
It is too funny how many times Will and I always seem to have a similar thought pattern. It has happened multiple time where our gifts are related somehow, and it has happened again! One of the gifts I gave to will is a set of fifty cards that display a hiking trail located in Northern California. On the back it describes the area, the difficulty level, time it takes to go through the path, and directions on how to get there. A little while later I open my gift, and it's a trip Will has planned to go snowshoeing in Yosemite! The hiking cards I got will be perfect for this trip! I am SO excited to go adventuring in Yosemite. We are going next weekend already! (Will told me a while back to keep the weekend clear, so I knew we were doing something, but he waited to tell me the specifics at Christmas!)

After gifts I made a delicious Christmas brunch. I made blueberry ricotta pancakes, vegetarian sausage and bacon, and of course more coffee and mimosas! Oh, and yes, A Christmas Story was showing throughout most of the day! Here is Ava helping me.


Our neighbor friends Katie and Alex joined us for Christmas dinner. I worked all afternoon to make a vegetarian meatloaf, mashed potatoes (made by Will) and gravy, asparagus, spinach and mushroom tart for an appetizer, and dinner rolls. It was sooo yummy!



 We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tough Day

Happy Halloween!