MaiTai Maui Tech Night Winner!

Remember I said I'd tell you how the finals went for Will's pitch competition?! Well, he was a big hit and won the show! He was tied with another company, each receiving two votes from the judges, but a person from GoogleX (their innovations department) thinks that TerViva is going to change the world. I couldn't agree more, and I am so proud of Will for this accomplishment! Here's what he won:

*$1,000 toward travel expenses to work out of a Silicon Valley office for a week
*One month rent at a snazzy office downtown
*Bragging rights of course
*Great connections and potential investment by companies who were in attendance at the pitch competition
*A kite board! I guess the MaiTai community (Silicon Valley investors and executives) gathers in Maui every year for a kiteboarding retreat so they partner with a kiteboarding company to give the winner a kiteboarding kit. Pretty cool but now I'm worried I'll have to go pick Will up in Tahiti or something! haha

Here's a link to Pacific Business News' article about the event:

Terviva Wins Pitch Competition in Maui

And here are some pictures recapping last week's qualifying event, and this week's finals!

Promoting MaiTai Maui Tech Night with pics from last week


Telling Maui about TerViva!


Will and Bill Tai (the Tai part of the MaiTai name)

I'm so excited to see what happens next for Will! I'm guessing it will be kiteboarding lessons!

(Thanks to MaiTai Maui Tech Night and mbloom photographers for the pictures!)

And here's a picture from earlier this week of Will with some of his trees. You can see that he's very happy that there are so many seed pods on them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Will Pitches Hawaii

A Day in Napa Valley