Summertime in Chicago!

Last week I spent the week visiting my sister in Chicago! She finished her degree at Northwestern and the graduation ceremony was Friday!

I arrived Tuesday evening and had a delicious takeout dinner with Meredith and David. We spent the evening around the table catching up and enjoying each others' company; my favorite thing to do!

Wednesday David left for a golfing trip until Thursday, so my sister and I had some quality sister time! We got our nails done, visited the Art Institute downtown, and stopped for some groceries for dinner that night. We also watched the amazing Blackhawks game against the Bruins. What an exciting game that was!

Thursday we got up in the morning and went off for a workout at her gym. (Got to keep fit even while on vay-cay!) Afterward we did a little window shopping in the area, got some Starbucks, did some preparation for dinner, and went to get our eyebrows done. That afternoon my parents arrived into town from Madison and we went for a nice walk around my sister's neighborhood. Later that evening Will arrived in town and David returned home from his golf trip.

Friday was the big day! Storms were looming, but we got to the ceremony and were able to take pictures before the downpour. I am so proud of my big sister for all her hard work! That evening we went out for one of the most amazing meals I've had, to celebrate her accomplishments!





Saturday my parents returned to Madison and left the kids to be kids! David, Meredith, and I went to the gym while Will stayed back to do some work. We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting local eating/drinking establishments and watched the Blackhawks vs. Bruins hockey game. We won!

Sunday morning Will and I went to have brunch with our good friend Ryan, who also happened to be in town from Colorado visiting his sister. I honestly am still having a hard time remembering the last time I saw him, so it was great to spend even a little bit of time with him on Sunday.

Sunday was another steamy day, so after brunch we went with Meredith and David to sit on a patio at a restaurant near their home.

We had so much fun in Chicago, I wish we could have stayed longer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Will Pitches Hawaii

A Day in Napa Valley